During the 29 and 30 of September the association ” HEALTH LIFE ACADEMY” held a Capacity Building Course seminar for experts who work with people with developmental disabilities. The seminar was attended by 26 participants from various fields such as physical and health education professors, pedagogues, rehabilitators, kinesiology students, special education teachers. During the 2 days of education, the topics of inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities in sports were discussed.
During the first day, theoretical lectures of 6 modules were held.
- Module 1: Reference documents
- Module 2: Role of PwID in sport and games – from recipients to protagonists
- Module 3: The inclusive role sports and games as a Tool for inclusion and empowerment
- Module 4: Sustainable Development goals & sports
- Module 5: Professionals working with PWiD
- Module 6: Health & Safety measures for working with PWiDs
During the second day, theoretical and practical lectures were held:
- Innovative empowering methodology
- Easy-to-read sports and games guide
The Capacity Building Course seminar was conducted by 3 members of the Association “HEALTH LIFE ACADEMY”, Dario Jagić, Kristian Batelić and Luka Blažević.
During both days of lectures, the participants had a coffee break. At the end of the second day of lectures, certificates were awarded to the participants.