Last week the first in person meeting for the Erasmus+ sport project Hi-Ability took place in Athens, Greece. The goal of the meeting was testing of the Training Modules along with general overview of the Project and state-of-the art of project activities and Intellectual Output 2.
The Hi-Ability project wants to promote an education for autonomy, independent and inclusive life for adults with intellectual disabilities (ID), in a context still not very accessible such as hiking and eco-tourism.
Together with the 6 partners from Belgium, Greece, Italy and Croatia following modules were tested and evaluated:
- Environmental education for social inclusion
- Outdoor learning with vulnerable learners
- How to design outdoor training activities to develop PWD’s skills and competencies
- How to manage outdoor activities with people with intellectual disability (climbing)
- Trekking-related skills
- Risk management in the outdoor
- Collaboration in the outdoor
- How to assess the outdoor experience
As added value to the project, Partners had the opportunity to take a hiking tour in the beautifull place Fillis.